Don’t be an April Fool – Backup your important files. A new McAfee report estimated that the global financial losses businesses felt in 2018 as a result of cybercrime totaled in the $600 Billion range. Cybercrime is a very real and present danger to businesses of all sizes. However, it can be even more damaging to smaller businesses who don’t have the capital to weather the storm. But, what if we told you that there was one simple tool you could implement that can reduce the risk of data loss if your system is breached or a device is lost or stolen?
For instance, backing up your data can be the key delineator between a business who survives a data loss and one who doesn’t.
4 Reasons to take backing up your data seriously:
- 30% of people have never backed up.
- 113 phones are lost or stolen every minute.
- 29% of disasters are caused by accident.
- 1 in 10 computers are infected with viruses each month.
How to Backup Important Files
There are two main ways to achieve an effective backup solution for your business.
- Backup to the Cloud – This is the process of using the internet to seamlessly back up all the files on your network. As long as the network is up and connected to the internet, your system will automatically trigger a backup at random intervals throughout the day. Similarly, these can also be set to be more of a manual process if you prefer, but the most important thing is that they happen on a regular basis.
- Backup to an External Drive – This option is best as a secondary solution, as external devices have the challenge of being portable, and unstable after a time. However, they do enable you to back up important files without the need of an external connection.
Backing up your files shouldn’t be done in a vacuum. It is a good idea to consult a backup specialist, the same way you would consult a CPA when filing your taxes.
March 31 is World Backup Day
Every year has a designated backup awareness day, and this year the date falls on March 31. The purpose is to bring awareness to more users about the very important need to backup your important files and systems and prepare for the unpredictable. We invite you to learn more at http://www.worldbackupday.com/en/ and take the world backup day pledge “I solemnly swear to backup my important documents and precious memories on March 31st.” Oh and friends don’t let friends go without a backup – so set a calendar reminder and tell your friends.
Trust the Experts
SOL-IS Technology Solutions is here to help your company back-up your data! Reach out to us at 952.279.2424 or online to see how we can help! Link to Aug 2020 blog.